We have been privileged to know some wonderful CCC Alumni over the years, and to work with them, their spouses, and their families. The National Association of CCC Alumni (NACCCA) was formed in 1978, and as the 50th anniversary of the CCC approached in 1983, chapters sprang up across the country. Mile High Chapter 7 was one of those.
Links below with titles go to full pages on the referenced individuals; other links are cross-references to articles elsewhere on this or other websites.
Remembering CCC Days
- Demas Atencio: Building Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- Mildred Blanche: One Woman’s CCC Story
- Morris Grodsky (in La Plata County camps)
- M. Chester Nolte: An Educator’s Perspective
- Bob Tyner (in La Plata County camps)
- Bernard Valdez: Career in Service
Remembering the Men Who Made the CCC
- Meet the Colorado “Boys”: William Hoy Askins
- Meet the Colorado “Boys”: Demas Atencio, longer version
- Meet the Colorado “Boys”: Gene Battles
- Meet the Colorado “Boys”: Belve (Pete) Beasley
- Meet the Colorado “Boys”: Donald Bess
- Meet the Colorado “Boys”: Louis Boyer
All personal accounts are from Civilian Conservation Corps: the Way We Remember It, Nolte, M. Chester (ed), 1990, unless otherwise noted.
Leave a comment